Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weal, Woe, and Helleborus: Brooklyn April 1-9

Welp, I was back in Brooklyn unexpectedly these past 9 days, and I am NOT complaining. It was such a beautiful week! I worked on some great projects for David, and saw a few lovely old friends!! On Sunday, I wandered around the Brooklyn Botanic Garden for hours... soaking up the sun, spying on the turtles, and yes, petting and cooing over some of my favorite flowers. Here are a few pics.My last night in town, I went to one of my favorite spots for live music.... Barbes. AND!! I saw a great band, The Weal and Woe!! My old friend Barbara Ann is the bass player and harmony singer! She was especially fantastic. Russell, played a mean guitar and sang his heart out on some classic old time tunes as well as a few new ones that Barbara wrote. The fiddle and lap steel players were also really great! There was lots of harmony singing on carefully chosen Carter Family and Louvin Brother's tunes, amoung others. They also played a few instrumental numbers, a good mix of up tempo and songs that pull on the heart strings. I love this kind of stuff!!! Real people making real music... they played two sets, and I could have stayed for four. Check them out on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/thewealandwoeOff to The Virgin Islands on Monday. More soon. xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment