Thursday, December 24, 2009

Mini-vandals, Dream Away Wedding, the Birkshires and NYC Sept. '09

Way way over due, I am attempting to finally update the blog. I currently sit in the attic apartment at my Dad's house in steamy Southern Mississippi.

I was looking through pictures and realized I should have already shared one of the highlights of the year. The nuptials of my dear Alicia and Aaron at the Dream Away Lodge in Becket, MA. (http://www.thedreamawaylodge.com/) The dream away was such a lovely setting packed with history (Bob Dylan, Arlo Guthrie, and many more have played there) and beautiful gardens. I was lucky to have my hands in them as I worked on Alicia's bouquets. It was truly the most fun and moving wedding I have ever attended. Lots of music and dancing and amazing people.Including but not limited to the mini-vandals. A bunch of us got together to share a ride and a house down in the Berkshires. We dubbed ourselves the mini-vandals due to our glorious rented mini van and our class act ne'er do well attitude. It was a lot of fun getting to know new people, getting lost and found, and tearing it up on the dance floor.

It was a whirlwind trip for me. Flight out from Sacramento into New York. Rushing to see as many friends as possible before heading to MA for the wedding.

Thanks to Alfie, Claudia, Susie, Gustavo, Drew and Val for the accommodations and great company. Melisa and I partied on a boat (http://gothamist.com/2009/09/01/bushwick_boat_dont_jump_water_toxic.php) where we got to sample Erika's awesome vegan cup cakes with her new Minor Treat baking company. The boat was docked at a secret location in Bushwick and we had to meet a van in south williamsburg and get carted in. There was live music, dancing, performance art, and screen printing among other things happening. It felt a little bit like a cool-o-meter but I still had fun and I kept singing that SNL song!! Val and I hit up one on my favorite NYC restaurants (the counter) and attended a lecture on Louise Bourgeois at my former work place: Dia.

No comments:

Post a Comment