Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Old wood, new blood and God: June 16th, Santa Fe to Albuquerque to Petrified Forest

I don't even know what day of the week it is, but this morning, we went to historical downtown Santa Fe. The plaza. It was really beautiful and the weather was perfect. Our first stop was The Cathedral Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi. It is a beautifully restored church from the 1800s still currently under restoration it was fun to watch the decorative painters as I have done that kind of work too. We also hit up the famous Pasqual's cafe for yummy brunch and did quite a bit of walking around the square!I know now why they call it New Mexico. It was like Mexico with a dose of Disney. Very lovely and clean, lots of neat handmade things. I want to go back to Santa Fe for a month or so someday to an artist colony or retreat.
From there we went to Albuquerque with the sole purpose of picking up Marlo from the airport! Yay! We sped off on 40 west passing the continental divide and headed towards what has become on of my favorite places on Earth.

I am blown away by what I saw at the Petrified Forest. Again, so many different landscapes in such a small area. Also many types of petrified wood with many colors, rock varieties, sizes and huge quantities. It is crazy to image how much was there before it was protected and people just took what they wanted. We spent hours in the park soaking it all up and we loved it! Bunnies too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! :D I'm graphic designer from Poland, i don't speak english very well :( , but i invite you to see my blog :))) -> www.gorzta.blog.pl :)

    ReplyDelete