Sunday, June 14, 2009

More South, but North: June 10th, Ocean Springs to Jackson, MS

Well, June 10th was a relaxing day in part, While Erika was recovering from terrible sunburn I updated the blog and organized all my pictures. We had a nice lunch with Dad and Harriet. Harriet told us about the tradition with her sister of exchanging for Christmas the ugliest chicken they each could find that year. Here is a picture of her sister's most recent addition to the collection.
Also as I mentioned in the previous post, I was roughing it at their house. Here is a picture of the lovely screened in porch where I sat all day watching the 4 bird feeders and tapping away on the keys.
Late in the afternoon we headed North to Jackson to visit with more family there, we arrived in time to have a late diner at Keefer's... which was yummy Mediterranean food. Aunt Ginger is always fun to talk to, and later that night we watched home movies from the 60's and 70's. Erika is getting a real dose of what my family is like and she is being a real trooper about it. The video's were actually a lot of fun. It was great to see all the old fashions and especially my mom with her 70's hair. Aunt Ginger has a great old house and two sweet dogs who work as therapy animals at nursing homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment